mardi 28 juin 2016

phpMyAdmin - mySQL - Error importing data into wordpress - what is collation?

I am having problems importing data what does collation mean?

The reason I ask is I keep getting an error importing data.. So I am looking at my wp-config file and the collation reads as follows.

/** Database Charset to use in creating database tables. */
define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8mb4');

/** The Database Collate type. Don't change this if in doubt. */
define('DB_COLLATE', '');

So I go over to phpMyAdmin and the Server charset is UTF-8 Unicode (utf8) I don't know if this has any meaning but in the server connection collation box it reads utf8mb4_unicode_ci.

Here's where I think the problem lies but I am a total newbie with mySQL. My main wordpress database has collation type latin1_swedish_ci next to it - under collation. (I'm not sweedish)

When I click into the database they all have utf8 charsets different ones some utf8mb4_unicode_ci and some utf8_general_ci - does this mean the database is set up incorrectly?

Could this be the cause of my import problems and how do I fix it.



via Chebli Mohamed

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire